BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gmarket Products We Love!

There are a few things we have bought on Gmarket recently that I really have enjoyed having around.

 

The first is our oven, which I mentioned in a previous post.20091129 001

 

It sells for about 88,000 won on Gmarket.  It’s a convection oven so it cooks things super quickly.  It is portable and runs off of electricity but it still is large enough to bake cake rounds.  Like what you see?  You can purchase it here.

 

The second are the wonderful baby legs that TheFry has been sporting these wintry days.  I don’t have any great pictures of them so far, so I’ll probably have to come back and post some later.

 

Here is TheFry, wearing his striped leggings that a friend  bought for him on Gmarket:

20091226 034

 

Here you can see the picture on the bum (a lion playing the piano!):

20091226 024

 

One not-so-great thing about the leggings is that after several washes they get a lot of fuzzies on them.  If I can manage to get my hands on an electric razor I can make those go away.

The leggings are great for kicking around the house, wearing them as a second layer of protection against the cold, or wearing them with a long-sleeved onesie for pajamas.

There are also leggings that are not like tights (think leg warmers, only for the whole leg).  Those, from my experience, do not wear out as quickly.  However, I prefer the leggings that are like full pants because the seem more comfortable and they have cute pictures on the booty. ^^

Anyhow, they are all super cute and come in many different styles.  You can see them or purchase them here.  They generally cost less than 5,000 won each.

 

The third thing that we are really, really loving right now is our Gmarket highchair. 016

 

Remember when TheFry used to sit in this rickety old thing?Picture0033

 

He was starting to tip it over by rocking back and forth, the chair was difficult to clean, and he could reach almost anything on the table.  It was completely not toddler-proof!

 

Look how much we love our new highchair: 017

 020

 

I believe it is good through age five or six.  Right now he is 15 months and about 9 kg so we have a while to go!  The supports that run along the bottom and connect the legs (not pictured above) have anti-slip pads on them so the chair can’t be pushed around.  The best part about this chair was probably the price – about 26,500 won!  Interested?  You can purchase it here.

 

Gmarket has made our lives incredibly easier as items for baby are often too expensive for us to buy in stores.  Aside from that, there are some items on Gmarket that have been pretty much impossible to find in stores, such as:

 

1. Settlers of Catan board game, found here.

2. Non-old-lady bras that are larger than size B, found here.

3. Reasonably-sized cribs that cost less than 200,000 won, found here, here, and here. (we almost bought the second one, but decided against it due to the size of our apartment).

4. Razbaby pacifiers, which lack the chisel-tip that every other pacifier I’ve seen in Korea has, found here.  My son hates chisel-tip pacifiers, and although I haven’t ordered these yet, I will definitely keep this place in mind for the future.  They also have pacifier clips, which I have not seen in Korea, either.

5. If you search Gmarket in English, you can find a variety of larger but non-old-lady-looking clothing in “plus-sized clothing”.  The range of how large the sizes get depend on the Gmarket store.

 

Some of the pages listed above were actually found by searching Gmarket in Korean.  Gmarket can be a little tricky to operate if you don’t know any Korean, so here are some general hints about operating Gmarket:

 

1. the Korean site is gmarket.co.kr.

2. You can search in English and navigate the payment system in English using english.gmarket.co.kr.  However, not all items available on Gmarket in Korean are availalbe by searching this site.

3. Even if you search Gmarket in English, the pages will still have a lot of information in Korean.  The pages have a lot of information in general, so scanning is recommended.  Look carefully at items for numbers and measurements, which of course you won’t need Korean to interpret. 

For example, if you are looking for a crib, look to see a diagram of the crib with the measurements drawn in.  If you want to know if the crib is adjustable, look at all the pictures and see how it is used.  Some Gmarket stores make this easier than others.

4. Clothing items are listed in Korean sizes, so make sure you’ve looked up a size chart and you know the Korean conversions before shopping around.  Also keep in mind that most standard measurements in Korea are metric.  Knowing your measurements in millimeters/centimeters will help a lot.

5. The names of many items are English words written in Hangeul (the Korean alphabet).  Knowing a little bit of Hangeul will enable you to order most things on Gmarket yourself.  Of course, you could always get assistance from a friend, relative, or coworker who knows Korean well!

6. You can pay for your purchases via credit card, bank transfer, or PayPal.  I usually use PayPal and it is pretty quick and painless.

7. You can ship many purchases domestically within Korea and also internationally.  Make sure that when you are looking at your shopping cart your items are going to the right place!

8. Gmarket stores, as with many stores in Korea, are amazing to do business with.  Their items are often discounted, shipping for small items and clothing is never over 5,000 won (as far as I can see) and is quite often free of charge.  Also, I almost always get coupons and little freebies with my purchases!

9. Need something from Gmarket and are still confused?  Just drop me a line!

8 comments:

San said...

That was a really useful post!

Would you tell me if that crib in the 3rd link(http://gen.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_goods/goods.asp?goodscode=128027298&pos_shop_cd=SH&pos_class_cd=111111111&pos_class_kind=T&keyword_order=%BE%C6%B1%E2%C4%A7%B4%EB&search_keyword=아기침대) comes with the base mattress like the one(blue mattress) shown in the 2nd crib link?

Sarah said...

Hey, I'm going to forward your blog address on to gmarket global.... they just gave me a 50,000 won certificate for a special top bloggers event for mentioning my love gmarket!!

Lolimahro said...

Thanks, Sarah! Actually, I go an e-mail from Gmarket Global already! I was in the middle of composing this post at the time (it took me like two weeks to do because of the lack of spare time), so I sent my reply right after publishing the post. Currently I'm concocting a list of what I'll spend the certificate on...

Lolimahro said...

San:

It looks like both come with something called the "바닥면 쿠션" which I think is the base mattress you're asking about(you can see the person's finger pushing into it in both advertisements, about halfway down, just after the picture of the wheel). I think that in the second advertisement the base cushion has a cover on it, whereas the one in the third advertisement appears to be white, so it kind of blends in with the crib.

Additionally, both cribs appear to come with several freebies, including bumper pads, a thinner crib mattress (the patterned one you see in the third advertisement), a mobile, and safety covers (to cover the screws, I guess?).

My Korean abilities are not the best, so if you want to have a native speaker double check, I wouldn't hesitate to do it. However, I can't imagine that the same company would provide a base mattress for one crib and not the other.

Hope that helps!

MommyCha said...

That is an awesome and informative post! I guess I need to get into this Gmarket thing, I tend to avoid it and just ask Jo for help. You make it look so easy! ^^

Lolimahro said...

MommyCha - It takes a bit of time to order stuff by myself, to be sure! I think that since I ordered several things and everything turned out well, I just kept ordering more and more! Now I prefer looking on Gmarket to going to HomePlus just because I can do it all from the comfort of my home or work and not have to go outside in the elements.

Did I mention that I get all my stuff in just a day or two (unless I order on the weekend)? I have never had anything take longer than 2 business days to arrive.

And I still forgot to mention all the kitchen items I've bought there, too! I'll save that for another post. ~.^

San said...

Thanks a lot!!!
I have also got so many things from Gmarket! Nowadays, I just look for even a very small item there just for the sake of looking at gmarket :-D

Unknown said...

HAHA! I've the same oven... And I'm from Russia )