BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tidbits

1. PapaFish recently became a volunteer online teacher three nights a week. One of the benefits of this volunteer opportunity is that it will give PapaFish a taste of the main industry for foreigners here in Korea: teaching. The greatest benefit, however, is that students of less-than-wealthy parents will be able to practice English regularly throughout the week, hopefully narrowing the income gap between Koreans who can speak English well and those who can't.

2. TheFry has been walking for one whole month now! ...Or, at least I think it's been a whole month. He pretty much was running from the start. One day he was still clinging to the walls, and the next evening I caught him scurrying past me from the corner of my eye. Now it's just a game of chase until he decides to start listening to and cooperating with MamaFish and PapaFish. He refuses to hold hands, and it can be very difficult to guide him in the right direction sometimes. Needless to say, we still often use the Pognae baby carrier most of the time when we go out.

3. The new semester at my work has begun, as of March 2. It's been a crazy whirlwind of teachers getting hired and quitting, and me not knowing how many classes I'm really going to have to teach each week. I have a stack of about 75 or so essays on my desk that need grading by next week. Not sure when I'm going to find time to do it all!

4. My dad is in town! Yay!!! AND HE'S GOING TO TAKE US OUT TO TACO BELL ON SUNDAY HOLY COW I'M SO EXCITED!!!

5. Here's hoping the springtime warms up sometime soon.

6. I can't really fathom making a blog post without pictures, but this is the best I've got:


If that doesn't say "I'm a boy," I don't know what does.

P.S. - I have no idea why he's not wearing a shirt.

3 comments:

akoto said...

Where is this mythical Taco Bell? Wy didn't anyone tell me when I was pregnant???

Hope to see you again soon. Maybe once this yuck clears up...

Lolimahro said...

Unfortunately, the only Taco Bell franchises in Korea are located on US Military installations (to my knowledge). However, there have been rumors on Dave's ESL Cafe for some time that a franchise is supposed to open in Itaewon this April or March.

I'm planning on a jaunt through Itaewon tomorrow so I can at least see the banner...

Rob & Alisha Pangborn said...

Hi there. I love your blog. My wife & I are seriously considering teaching ESL in Korea. We live in Michigan and are planning on starting in September 2010 and at the time of our travel we will have a 3 year old and a 5 month old. Would it be possible to pick your brain about your experiences with logistics and teaching in Korea with a family. It is nearly impossible to find any information about teaching english in Korea with spouse and kiddos in tow. We are Rob, Alisha, Aiden, and TBNamed son. Our email is thepangborns@yahoo.com for any advice you could provide. We would be extremely grateful!