BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Talkin’

TheFry has really, really been learning a lot of new words this week! So far, this is what he has been caught saying around the place in English:

1. “b’bye”

2. “apple”

3. “socks”

4. “cracker”

5. “uh-oh”

6. “hi”

7. “quack, quack!”

And in Korean:

1. “김밥” (kimbap – kind of like a sushi roll with rice, ham, eggs, vegetables, rolled in seaweed)

2. “세살” (se sal – “three years old”. A girl on the elevator today told him she was three years old [while holding up four fingers – it was too cute!] and he mimicked her a couple of times.)

3. “나 갈거야?” (na kalkeoya? “Am I going to go?” He said this as we were leaving a friend’s house.)

4. This week he said a word that sounded like “바보” (babo - “dummy”) but I think he might have been trying to say “뽀뽀” (bbo bbo - “kiss”). Sometimes I say 뽀뽀 to him when I want a kiss, but I could have sworn he was calling me a dummy!

5. "왜" ("why?") He says this more often than any other word - usually when he's been scolded, or being forced to have his diaper changed, his nose wiped, his hair washed...you get the idea.

So yes, he said his first sentence in Korean today! PapaFish has sworn he has said “I love you” on more than one occasion. The first English sentence I heard him say was about a month ago, and it was “Bye bye, Dad!” (as TheFry and I were leaving the house to go on a walk).

He has become such a little boy that I can hardly call him a baby anymore. Nevertheless, he still loves a bit of cuddle time now and then. Most of the time, though, he’s everywhere all at once, running, climbing, getting into things, stealing people’s stuff, screaming like a madman and trying to catch the attention of the general public.

He has also started posing for the camera. These pictures are kind of old (from last month), but I’ll have some good ones of him doing some quintessential Korean school kid poses later on – I just have to post them yet. DSCI0501

Here he is smiling and saying “cheese” for the camera.

DSCI0500

And here he is covering his mouth while laughing. What a silly boy!

0 comments: