BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 23, 2010

Domestic Relocation, i.e. Moving in Korea: My Review of Brandon Moving Service

Moving in a foreign country when you’ve never done it before is the kind of adventure-chore that requires the utilization of all kinds of new and potentially crappy-time creating services. After finding out that my old employer basically wanted us to clean out our old apartment (there were many reasons for this, which I won’t go into now), we decided to go ahead and get a moving service to transport all our belongings from our old apartment in Mok-dong to our new apartment in Incheon.

Now, the drive between Mok-dong and northern Incheon is about forty minutes, and with the help of large elevators in the old place and a second-floor apartment in the new place, our moving expenses weren’t very high. Also, we packed all our own things. We found all the newspaper we needed in the recycling area of the basement of our old place, as well as some boxes there. When we were short on boxes, we headed out to our local HomePlus, where they keep a stash of boxes by the door for people to use in lieu of bags if they want. Finally, we purchased some small moving/storage boxes from this gmarket store. The latter weren’t very sturdy boxes, but they are nice for storing things like old toddler shoes, crochet projects, and random food items.

With PapaFish and I packing all our own things and helping Brandon move our stuff onto the truck, our cost was cheap. He quoted us 150,000 for the deal and was true to his quote. He arrived half an hour early and we got started right away. When all was said and done, we had packed the truck, transported our goods, and unpacked the truck in a matter of two and a half hours. Forty minutes of that was transit between the old place and the new, and an additional 20-30 minutes of it was me trying to clear out all the old garbage and recycling from the place before finally leaving it forever. (Even though there were soda bottles on the floor and rotten meat in the fridge when I moved into it, my mother just didn’t raise me that way. Yes, the fridge was dirty when I left it – but it was empty, at least. And the floor was also vacuumed.)

If I were to give Brandon Moving Service a star rating out of five stars, I would give it: five stars! Because he was prompt, friendly, true to his quote, and got things done in a time-efficient manner. It’s true that a few ridiculous things went wrong on our moving day, like my phone being locked and I couldn’t find the password, but still Brandon was patient with us and didn’t charge us extra for the trouble. I’d recommend his service to anyone! (link)

0 comments: