BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween, v.2010

For the last two years near Halloween, some expat parent friends of mine have had a big get-together where everyone dresses up their children in costume, takes pictures, and generally has a good time.

 

Last year we couldn’t make it for multiple reasons, but as TheFry is 2 this year, I thought it would be fun to go.  He’s much more social (and active) now than he was a year ago (he couldn’t walk back then, either).  The get-together was at Children’s Grand Park in Seoul.  The park is huge, and admission is free.  There is also a small zoo in the park, and it also has free admission.  There are some other parts of the park – such as an amusement park with rides – that cost money, but the scope and amount of activities for a 2-year-old to do in the main part of the park is still amazing considering the (non) cost.

 

Anyhow, this year I planned way in advance of the party, and decided that I would crochet a costume for TheFry.  I chose this pattern for a crocheted giraffe costume off of Etsy.

 

I then proceeded to visit Dongdaemun Shopping Town stall A36 – one of my favorites – to purchase the yarn for the project.  However, as the yarn I chose was fairly thin, I had to modify the pattern quite a bit.  I ended up scrapping the idea for the hat, because I thought it might be too warm (I was wrong, but whatever), and instead went with a version of this cap which I made for TheFry last winter (I honestly can’t find where I got this pattern, or I’d link it here).

 

It took about two months to make, considering I really only worked on it every other week or so.  I was wise to start so early, because I still found myself at a coffee shop on October 30 for several hours making spots and sewing them on (and enjoying a pretty good Roti Bun and quiet time, too).

 

Anyhoo, this is how it turned out:

DSCI0787

I’m too busy staring at the TV to care, Mom!

  DSCI0785

Side View  

 

DSCI0788Rear View

DSCI0789

Close-up of tail

Isn’t that just the cutest little giraffe booty you’ve ever seen? ^_^

0 comments: