BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 24, 2009

The big fat thing I learned this week is that I should've scheduled all these measly doctor appointments looong before going overseas:

1. If you are getting new life insurance, then you are probably going to have to have a medical checkup (at least if you are going through American Family). They can come to your house or work, but this is something you'll need to remember to do early (2 weeks = not quite enough time, but it'll have to do for us!).

2. If you are going to get an annual physical or any other kind of checkup, do it right before you leave. Make sure you are up-to-date on your vaccinations. You can do this in Korea - that is, if you feel like dealing with culture shock, a language barrier, and new sociocultural conventions when it comes to health care all at once! Do yourself a favor and see the doc before you leave so that you have some time to adjust in your new country before doing something this stressful. But if you're go-with-the-flow enough, go for it!

3. Take care of said appointments before your car is gone. Maybe even before you list it. Otherwise you could be up the creek without a paddle, so to speak.

4. Take shot records and other medical records with you. I've switched hospitals so many times in the last 3 years that I don't have a coherent medical record at any of them. I don't think I've had a coherent medical record since I left home. Maybe I should work on that.

0 comments: